Friday, April 12, 2013

When the Sun Starts to Shine: Outdoor Entertaining Ideas



Finally the weather has started to warm up! It is time to get rid of my coat and enjoy some fresh air and sunlight. I have been expecting this time since winter started (I know, I am contradictory by nature). While waiting, I decided to do my own research and jot down some outdoor cooking ideas for this beautiful time of the year. 


Include these on your own list of outdoor activities:

Fire up the grill

Grill your favorite type of meat and season it with some flavorful ingredients. I love grilling chicken, beef, and pork with my kids and my husband. While my husband and I are cooking, the kids get to play in the backyard and we all have a good time. It is a great way to relax!

Here are some grilling tips that I found on the web that you might find useful: http://www.countryliving.com/cooking/about-food/top-10-grilling-tips-0708

 Relax with a picnic

Enjoy fresh air and the beauties of nature by having an afternoon picnic with your family or friends. Going on a picnic is one of the things I really miss doing when it’s winter time. I don’t know you, but after three months of snow and cold weather all I really want is to have a relaxed time outdoors! 

Get ideas from this site to prepare delicious sandwiches, snacks and treats so you can enjoy during your picnic: http://www.marthastewart.com/359498/picnic-ideas



Get wet with a pool party

Your kids will definitely love this! If you don’t have a pool, that’s okay. You can buy an inflatable pool for less than $40. The point of this activity, besides having fun with your loved ones, is to cool off a little and enjoy the sunlight. Don’t forget to buy some munchies and drinks at your nearest grocery store. I always put some sodas, orange juice, and snacks on a table close to the pool because my kids love to drink and eat something while playing with water. 

I found this great article that gives some pool party ideas for your kids and their friends that you may want to read: http://voices.yahoo.com/pool-party-ideas-young-kids-3741646.html

No comments:

Post a Comment